Safety Checklist For Kids Around The Kitchen
Here are ten top tips for keeping your kitchen ‘child friendly’. Some people opt to keep kitchens child free but this is not always practical. Anyway, without further ado;
1. Put childproof locks on all cupboards, cabinets and ovens, so little hands cannot access them.
2. Keep matches lighters and naked flames out of reach or in a safe place.
3. Never leave hot saucepans unattended when cooking food.
4. Make sure all toys are cleared off the kitchen floor before cooking.
5. Install a gate to prevent young children from coming in the kitchen while you are cooking.
6. Store cleaning fluids in a high cupboard out of the reach of children.
7. Check for sharp edges and if necessary install protective guards
8. Keep all knives away from children
9. Keep strong spices away from children
10. Dispose of plastic bags by tying a knot in it to reduce the risk of suffocation.